Today, I would like to present you an original recipe created by me instead of sharing any recipe from Spanish or Turkish cuisine. For this recipe, I combined my 3 favourite ingredients, namely eggplant, tahini and garlic. I strongly recommend you this delicious appetizer before the summer ends.
– 3 eggplants (small/medium size)
– 1 onion
– 1 cup of walnut
– 1 clove of garlic (grated or mashed)
– 1 lemon
– ½ cup olive oil
– 3 table spoons tahini
– ½ coffee spoon cumin
– 1 coffee spoon salt
– Pomegranate and pinenuts to garnish
– Wash, dry and cut the eggplants into halves vertically. Make incisions on the eggplants as it is shown in the photo below. Sprinkle some olive oil and salt on the eggplants, cover them first with baking sheet than aluminium foil, bake them for 45-50 minutes in preheated oven (200 Celsius for the oven with fan, 220 Celsius for the oven without fan)
-Thinly slice (emincer) the onion. Cook it on low heat with some olive oil until it is caramelized.
– Crush the walnuts.
– Roast the pine nuts with olive oil.
– Carve out the baked eggplants, keep the eggplants that you collect out of the eggplants in a bowl. (In this way create a kind of “boat” with the skin of eggplants.)
– Mix walnut, grated garlic, salt and 2 table spoons olive oil in a bowl. Stuff the eggplant boats with this mixture.
– Add 1 spoon of caramelized onion on each eggplant.
– Grate the skin of lemon and squeeze the juice of it. Mix lemon zest, lemon juice, tahini and cumin. If necessary, add some water as well.
– Sprinkle the tahini sauce on the eggplants.
– Garnish with pomegranate seeds and roasted pine nuts.